About “IMAGE”, a Centre of Excellence for Gaming, Animation, VFX, Computer Vision, and AI Start-Ups , is a flagship initiative by STPI – Hyderabad, Ministry
“IMAGE”, a Centre of Excellence for Gaming, Animation, VFX, Computer Vision, and AI Start-Ups , is a flagship initiative by STPI – Hyderabad, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India and Government of Telangana, in Collaboration with TVAGA (Telangana VFX, Animation and Gaming Association), HYSEA, IIIT Hyderabad, TIE Hyderabad, Hyderabad Angels and SucSEEDIndovation Fund.
IMAGE CoE runs a six-month accelerator program for Gaming, Animation, VFX, Computer Vision&AI Start-Ups and provides mentor support, seed-funding, product growth exercises, opportunity to raise their subsequent round of funding through our investment partners, and other valuable resources/support.
Who Can Apply
- The IMAGE CoE invites the proposals/applications from Indian Start-ups who are working in Gaming, Animation, VFX and CVAI
- Start-ups registered with DPIIT under start-up India programme are encouraged to participate in this programme. The definition of Start-ups prescribed by DPIIT is reproduced below and subject to change from time to time.
Company Registration: The start-up must be registered/incorporated within last 10 years as on date of opening of challenge.
Annual Turnover: Start-up should have an annual turnover not exceeding Rs. 100 crore for any of the financial years since its incorporation.
Original Entity: Entity should not have been formed by splitting up or reconstructing an already existing business.
Innovative and Scalable: Entity working towards innovation, development or improvement of products, processes or services or if it is a scalable business model with high potential of employment generation or wealth creation.
Individual Academicians, Researchers, Educators, Entrepreneurs, partnership firms, LLPs may also participate. However, if they are selected then they will have to register as private limited company in a stipulated time (preferably within 3 months).
The Start-ups are expected to be in the following domains
- Computer Vision and AI
IMAGE Accelerator Program would be organized in three (3) phases.
Phase-1: Applications from start-ups are invited through an online contest portal.
Phase-2: Shortlisting of Ideas, POCs and Solutions having strong potential through initial scrutiny.
Phase-3: Selection of start-ups for this program through pitch-in session.
Benefits to IMAGE CoE Start-ups:
- 5 Lakh seed fund to selected start-ups from IMAGE CoE.
- Plug & Play Infrastructure up to 5 seats for selected start-up.
- Access to Mocap & CVAI Lab.
- Access to Meetings room, Conference room and Preview theatre.
- Mentor Network for Gaming, VFX, Animation & CV, AI. Mentor Network will provide Technology Mentoring, Domain Mentoring, Strategy Mentoring, End to End market support.
- Market access through the Industry associations like HYSEA, TVAGA, TiE Hyderabad and IIIT.
- Access to Investors (Angle Fund + VC Network) through Hyderabad Angles.
- Access to Credits from the ECO system partners like Facebook, Microsoft, etc.
- Sponsorship to National level events to showcase your products.
- Access to National wise STPI CoEs Network.
- IPR Related Support Services.
Stakeholders & Partners
November 1 (Monday) - December 10 (Friday)